Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n...

Playlist
Various – Last 60 CDs Acquired - Shuffleplay
Kristofer Astrom – Sinkadus
Meditronica – Meditronica
The Thing – Now and Forever
The Olympic Symphonium – More in Sorrow than in Anger
William Fitzsimmons - Goodnight

Fathers’ Day today but, since I have no kids and Meg the Black cat lost all her money in the great crash of 2007, no presents for me...

I’d forgotten it was Fathers’ Day until Anne and I were at Vittorio’s in Leith Walk for a late lunch and I noted all the dads there receiving cards and gifts...

After leaving the house around noon...



...we’d spent three hours at Arnold Clark negotiating on a new Cloudland Blue Mobile which, like the one before last, will be black rather than blue...



...and slightly larger but more economical and environmentally friendly...

The new music from the Manchester trip continued to entertain, along with another 30 or so recent acquisitions...

Had I purchased all the trip’s booty on Amazon, the outlay would have been around £320 (Ave £10.62) rather than the £47.50 (Ave £1.58) I actually shelled out...

Of course, at that price, I wouldn’t have bought any of the items, other than perhaps the Depeche Mode box which was 2p cheaper online...

TV entertained in the evening with the third parts of “Proof” and “Hope Springs” (which is utter rubbish), followed by taped “Law & Order” and “CSI”...

Highlight of the Day : New car...

No comments: