Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Plied, thankfully...

Playlist
Various - No 1 Albums I Bought on Release
Tangerine Dream - 1973-1977
Tangerine Dream - Ultima Thule
King Crimson - Cadence and Cascade

A lovely morning as we arose at 6am...



Off to the infirmary via the Park & Ride to allow Anne to have the car to bring me home later...

Arrived at 7:30 and, after seeing the registrar, the nurse, the anaesthetist, the anaesthetist's assistant and the surgeon, I was first op of the day...

Always nerve-wracking but I maintained my dignity I would hope (despite the less than flattering attire - a paper nappy, a "front only" gown, a hairnet, white knee length anti-clot stockings and disposable slippers)...

The blocking local anaesthetic worked, before the general was applied and, next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery after a couple of hours...

Much morphine was administered re the pain - followed by the inevitable blabbering tube impersonation...

Arrived back at the day surgery ward around midday and drifted in and out of sleep to the sounds of Tangerine Dream and King Crimson...

There was a clock immediately opposite my bed and I was having what I believed to be very long strange dreams which, according to the time-piece, actually lasted a mere two minutes each at most...

At 6:30 I was ready to go home and Anne was waiting on me...



Back home a relaxed evening watching TV, feeling sore and nauseous but buoyed by "CSI" and "The Big Bang Theory"...

To bed around midnight plied with painkillers to help me sleep - face, neck and shoulder all still frozen from the local anaesthetic - so the real deal still to kick in...

Highlight of the Day : Waking up post op...

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hope it's worth it and the pain's not too unbearable.....

Lindsayxx

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Typing left hand and no guitar will be worth it if, for the first time in probably over 20 years, I'm pain free in 6 months to a year's time.

Fingers crossed as best I can...

Sky Clearbrook said...

I hope you're starting to feel a little more chipper.

Disco Stu said...

Hey dude, you're laid up again!

What did they give you a hairnet for?

Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Many hours watching Rush DVD's i think.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Typing this on Friday night and definitely better than I was three days after either of the previous two ops - so bodes well...

Yes Stu - a hairnet for a baldy - don't know why they gave me that - maybe they thought swine flu might come out of my baldy bits...

Been spending my time listening to music from the old days - and enjoying it too...