Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Shot...

Playlist
Golden Earring – To the Hilt
Grand Funk – Shinin’ On
Hawkwind – Doremi Fasol Latido
Various Composers – Harmonia Mundi 50th Anniversary Box Set
Pet Shop Boys – Cubism (Soundtrack)

To FOPP today and still managing to hang fire, knowing I have already so much music I’ve not listened to yet properly (if at all)....

Tonight the five a sides returned after the Xmas/New Year break and so my first game for three weeks - the same as everyone else...

However, me-wise it really showed...

Quite frankly I played worse than Mr Shit of FC Shit from the town Shit, capital of Shitland...

I knew this was going to happen, as I’ve noticed over the last few weeks that my knees appear to be shot – they seize up whenever I sit down for any length of time (which, most days, is quite a lot) and cause me extreme gyp whenever I am climbing or descending stairs...

Rather disappointingly, I am getting old. As I head for 50 in a few months time, I can no longer run to any great degree and, to make matters worse, while driving, I am beginning to notice the instruments on the dashboard in the car are all blurry...

What a bastard it is getting old...

I was so puggled when I got in, I was reduced to watching “Masterchef” and nearly sat through an episode of “Holby” before heading upstairs to start the task of copying the (worth over £60) Harmonia Mundi 29CD Box Set I borrowed from the library on Saturday for three weeks (for the princely sum of £1.20)...


The organ playing in the early volumes is superb...

Unlike my footballing skills – I did manage one goal, “pouncing” (the slowest pounce you’re ever likely to see) on a misplaced pass by a defender and slamming home from close range – but I also had to have around four “rests” in goal and I let in a barrel-load – we lost by around 8 or 9 goals...

Hopeless...

Highlight of the Day : Thank goodness for music...

No comments: