Thursday, January 15, 2009

Don't look back - oh all right then, do...

Playlist
MGMT – Oracular Spectacular
The National – Alligator
Mary Chapin-Carpenter – Between Here and Gone
Dido – Safe Trip Home
The Killers – Day and Age
Leonard Cohen – Various Positions
Masterplan – Masterplan
Ryan Adams – Cold Roses
Shawn Colvin – Holiday Songs and Lullabies
The Stooges – Fun House
Fripp & Eno – No Pussyfooting
Tangerine Dream - Hyperborea
Tangerine Dream – Exit
The Bad Plus – For All I Care
Neal Morse – Lifeline
Hawkwind – Doremi Fasol Latido

Playlist today was based on albums accrued since mid-October...

This evening I went through my recently rediscovered diaries for the years 1974 to 1977 (I have from 1974 to 1983 although I appear to have mislaid 1979, or am keeping it in a different place from all of the others discovered in a box in the music room)...



In those days, I recorded nothing much other than what records I bought (and sold) and so, I commenced a list of LPs bought from 1974-1983...

It appears from these records of a young man, that I bought 262 albums in the period concerned (and a great deal more singles)...

Of those titles recorded, 145 are present in my current collection...

Erm, that’s about it for today other than watching “My Name is Earl” which, this series, is back to it’s best, and a show by Derren Brown which was fascinating, entertaining and totally baffling as to how he does what he does...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Rediscovering old stuff...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the rediscovered diaries, an old trick to reingnite interest in an old subject!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

You should always keep a diary to pop the bubble of deceit that builds memories into brilliant exciting things by allowing you to go back and see how boring and mundane your life really was...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Alternatively, you could live your life in an exciting fashion which leaves no time to record the details for future backward glancing...