Friday, January 09, 2009

Time travelling cat disaster...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Quiet Sun – Mainstream

Awoke after a strange dream...

It seemed our house was being attacked by some kind of robots or having some kind of surveillance technology applied to it and this, whatever it was, involved the making of a hole in the ceiling...

As I looked through the hole, I could see our house - but it was our house in the past...

I had an idea...

I called through the hole to Crispy, our previous, much loved and now dearly departed cat...



Sure enough, her wee face appeared at the hole and I was able to coax her forward into our time...

It was with some elation that I announced to Anne that Crispy was back but, just as I was wondering how Crispy would get on with Meg the Black Cat, Crispy keeled over and started convulsing and I realised the time travel experiment was killing her...

I shouted to Anne to quickly bring a ladder so I could get Crispy back up through the ceiling to her own time...

Then I woke up slightly distressed...

I felt good to have seen Crispy again but bad that I’d killed her by enticing her to time travel...

The rest of the day was less interesting...

Early evening I went for a drink with colleagues Kris-with-a-K, Sorcha, Gillian, Caroline and Tracey for Tracey’s birthday...

Here is a particularly arty collage of the quintet...


Top : Kris, Tracey, Sorcha; Bottom : Gillian, Caroline

Back home and the couple of pints had made me a bit woozy, so the half bottle of wine didn’t help – although it was very enjoyable...

Anne had made a Thai Red Chicken Curry and it was quite delicious...

Mmm, mmmm...

On telly we watched two episodes of “Coronation Street”, the first in a new series of “My Name is Earl” and “QI” and, later on, “Not Going Out” which I find to be particularly well written re its quick fire one-liners...

Later on I tried to watch the prog programmes on the BBC I-Player but it’s shit, stopping every few seconds, so I’ll wait for the DVD from Dr Prog...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Anne’s Thai Red Chicken Curry...

No comments: