Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Memory not quite full...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Setlist 2008/09
Rieflin Fripp Gunn – Birth of a Giant
AC/DC – Highway to Hell
Paul McCartney – Memory Almost Full

A cold and frosty morning...



My dad’s birthday – he would have been 79 today...

When your dad's dead, you don't stop remembering him and missing him but you do that most on these days in the calendar...

And Crispy the Cat departed the world on this day in 2002 - so ditto for pie number one...

A rainy evening as I ventured forth to the 5-a-sides determined not to repeat last week’s shit performance...

Unfortunately, although I think I was slightly better, even though I didn’t score as I did last week, I was probably still pretty shit...

Our team, the lights, were nine goals behind at one point...

We pulled back to just four down by the end of the hour...

I made a few stops while in goal (but also let a good few in)...

Picked up a suspected broken toe whilst stopping a raker of a shot from youngster Gary, from whom I still bear a bruise on my calf after stopping another of his shots in the last game before Xmas...

Oh well...

I'm probably exagerating but it's pretty sore...

Back home we enjoyed some roast beef cooked lovingly by Anne and very tasty though she is hypercritical of her kitchen skills and pronounced it to be too chewy in places...

She was wrong, I believe...

We watched Evan Davies’ dissection of exactly what it is which has gone wrong in the world of banking to cause the current crisis – fascinating but infuriating at the same time...

We are in for years of “bad times” I feel...

So – being rubbish at football (after once being pretty good if I say so myself) might not be the worst thing to happen to me looking forward...

Late doors, Mr McCartney entertained as I wrote this drivel...

Highlight of the Day : Rockin with an ex-Beatle...

No comments: