Monday, February 05, 2007

Perspective...

Playlist
King Crimson/Robert Fripp/P4/P6/Fripp & Eno – Time Stands Still (CD-R)
Uriah Heep - Very 'Eavy Very' Umble
Uriah Heep - Salisbury
Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself
Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards
Uriah Heep - The Magician's Birthday
Rheostatics - Hillside Festival, Guelph, Ontario, July 2003
Vivaldi - Adagios

Up early and breakfasted alone to the soothingness of Mr Fripp's soundscapes...

Today I listened to some classic Uriah Heep, following on from the unforced purchase of three late period CDs by the band...



In HMV I spent £3 on a 2CD set of Vivaldi adagios. I have rather a lot of Vivaldi in my collection, and I'm pretty sure I will have versions of all of the tracks on this set..

So why did I buy it?

It was £3 for a double CD...

Uptown, £3 hardly buys you a pint of premium "imported" (but actually brewed under license in the UK) lager...

Back home and, while Anne was at her aerobics class, I should've been working on my music - but, instead, I listened to excerpts from the fifteen or so live concerts by Rheostatics which I have on the hard drive - and decided to burn one to CD...

Upon Anne's return, we proceeded to the kitchen to follow what we hope will be the first of many recipes from a couple of cook books I purchased recently...

It's fun cooking together - and, tonight, we shared a bottle of Californian rose wine while we cooked - and it went down very nicely indeed...

Tonight's dish was spaghetti carbonara, which involved me beating three eggs, and adding a carton of double cream and rather a lot of grated parmesan cheese to them to produce the sauce, while Anne cooked up the pancetta ham, onions and garlic and prepared the spaghetti...

Mmm - very tasty indeed...

Telly-wise it was just tonight's double bill of "Coronation St" and, later on, a programme about "Alan B'stard" during which the self aggrandising writers seemed to take sole credit for bringing down Margaret Thatcher...

And there was me thinking it was the Tory party which did that...

It was a good, sick comedy alright - but it didn't change the world...

Get some perspective guys...

Highlight of the Day : Home made spaghetti carbonara

No comments: