Friday, February 16, 2007

Live discs...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – New Recordings
The Church – After Everything, Now This
Dave Holland Quintet – Extend Play Live at Birdland
Keith Jarrett Trio – Always Let Me Go : Live In Tokyo
Paul Motian Trio – Live At The Village Vanguard
John McLaughlin – Thieves and Poets
Yo La Tengo – I Am Not Afraid of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
La Dusseldorf - La Dusseldorf

A call from James Jamieson confirmed last night’s OOTB was a good one, while my excuse for not attending (a headache) was considered “not very rock’n’roll”...

Jamie also confirmed our 30 minute set will be on Thursday 1 March, my first since 21 September last year, a gap of 160 days, and my 83rd since 30 January 2003 which was my first for around five years...

But enough of these stupid statistics...

Anne and I had lunch out today at Howie’s, a rather excellent restaurant in Edinburgh’s West End...

Can you guess what it was like children?

Yes, that’s right – it was very tasty!

In the evening, I ran through our nine song set then swithered about musicking on the computer but, in the end, just ripped some CDs to the hard drive instead whilst giving various tracks from them a listen – particularly impressive is the double live set from the Dave Holland Quintet...



Caught BBC’s Timewatch programme on Beatlemania – which was reasonably interesting...

This was followed by my favourite, “Law & Order : Criminal Intent” and “Grumpy Old People on Food & Wine”, for which they could very well have interviewed me and have received the same kind of responses...

I am a middle-aged grump a lot of the time, moaning about this and that and, indeed, the next thing...

Glad it's Friday...

Highlight of the Day : A lovely lunch with Anne

No comments: