Thursday, February 01, 2007

Looking good...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - No Concrete Idea EP
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Angels Took His Soul EP
Cloudland Blue Quartet - He Thinks of You EP
CPE Bach - Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus
Happy Apple - Youth Oriented
Happy Apple - The Peace Between Our Companies

I suffered for my art today by listening (almost all day) to the three new proposed EPs...

Last thing last night, I created a new backwards ambient mix of the long piece "Hey Hollywood Nimrod" and so, this morning, I added the relevant MP3 to the jukebox playlist of the fifteen tracks which will be spread across the three EPs....

In the process, I removed the rather clunky mix I did back in November which was previously slated for inclusion...

I hadn't heard the backwards mix yet though, so it was a nice surprise to hear it in context...

Once again I passed up on telly to work on the new discs, tonight finalising the covers...



Looking good...

I didn't pick any of the portraits from the collage I posted yesterday - instead I chose this by Stuart Cobley...

The three discs are differentiated by the font of the "CBQ" logo on the T-shirt...

I also wrote up this week's entries having not had the time on the days themselves as I preferred to work on these new releases (or visit Jim Park's comedy club)...

Another productive day...

Late night TV included new comedy, "Benidorm", followed by "Question Time" and "This Week" - and, on Youtube, I watched all the new PG Tips ads and the old ITV Digital ads featuring Johnny Vegas & monkey...

Hmm - February already....

Highlight of the Day : Cover finalisation

No comments: