Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Together again...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - New Recordings
James Jamieson - New Songs
Sonny Clark - Sonny's Crib
Kenny Dorham - Matador/Intasomethin'
Rheostatics - Introducing Happiness
Ornette Coleman - Science Fiction

St Valentine's Day today - but Anne and I didn't do anything special in that regard - other than Anne bought me a tiny piece of chocolate cake from M&S which we shared (tasty) and I brought home two bottles of very expensive champagne which we didn't drink....

Worked on new lyrics for Jamie's song from his memory stick and just finished a very rough recording of them as he arrived for tonight's rehearsal re the mooted gig at Out of the Bedroom sometime in March...

Jamie liked the lyrics and I saved this new version back to his memory stick....

Then we started to rehearse and it went well. After we'd played through a few of my songs, I asked which ones of his he wanted to do...

Jamie reckoned we should just do CBQ songs on the basis that we each deserve a full showcase and it's a bit off of the OOTB committee to try and fit both of us into one slot...

Who was I to argue?

So we put together a set of nine CBQ songs for a 30 minute set - I think my songs are getting shorter as I get older- ten years ago, nine songs might have clocked in at over an hour...

The set comprises eight of the songs for the next album "Ersatzreal" (five of which are on the acoustic version from last year) and one "oldie"...



Sounding good...

After Jamie left, Anne called. She was out with Lynn in the bar of a hotel down the road so I went and joined them, arriving just too late to get a drink but in plenty of time for a chat before taking everyone home...

Highlight of the Day : Singing with Jamie again...

No comments: