Friday, February 02, 2007

Moon river...

Playlist
The Bad Plus - The Bad Plus
The Bad Plus - These Are The Vistas
The Bad Plus - Give
The Bad Plus - Suspicious Activity
Reid Anderson - Dirty Show Tunes
Reid Anderson - Abolish Bad Architecture
Reid Anderson - The Vastness of Space
Happy Apple - Youth Oriented
Happy Apple - The Peace Between Our Companies
Ethan Iverson Trio - Constructed
Ethan Iverson Trio - DeConstructed
(These eleven albums on shuffleplay..)

A day off today...

A bad plus day as I shuffled around amongst four band albums and seven "solo" albums by the members...

Jazzy...

In the evening, a visit from Rose and Ken, whom we last saw just before Christmas when I got pretty wrecked at the Living Room in George Street...

Sedate tonight by comparison - a couple of beers at Crispycat Towers and then down to the Chinese Manor House for some excellent oriental fayre...

Normally I'm fairly risque with my tastes in foreign food but tonight I fell back on the staples I used to order when I first ate chinese food way back when - spring rolls followed by chicken chow mein (though tonight's main meal was prepared in a special szechuan style) - very tasty - and a couple of pints of lager complimented it very nicely indeed...

Back at HQ, I copied an Andy Williams compilation from my collection for Ken, as he had a hankering for some crooning by the maestro - I had to let him down gently re his request for any Matt Monro though...



Then they were off into the night, with a promise to meet up again in March...

A good night...

Highlight of the Day : A tasty meal with friends

No comments: