Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stellar line up...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - New Recordings
Sonny Clark - Sonny's Crib
Various - Pitchfork's Top Tracks of 2006

Jamie called me late afternoon and we agreed we'd head along to Out of the Bedroom tonight...

However, having suffered from a rotten headache all day, together with increased pain in my arm following last night's guitaring and, for the past few days, sharp pains in the broken ankle department, I called him back to advise I'd give it a miss....

Instead, I took a night off from CBQ'ing and I relaxed with Meg the Black Cat as I listened to Sonny Clark's 1957 album "Sonny's Crib"....



What a stellar line up...

Anne was out at the cinema with her friend Michelle and Michelle's sister and daughter, to see the new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore RomCom "Music and Lyrics" which sounds like fun...

I put together a cover for the CBQ "Instrumentals 1977-2006" disc I compiled for Dr Prog last weekend and I also finally got round to printing off a cover and track list for the 3CD Pitchfork set I downloaded at New Year....

Over 50 tracks of music, most of which is completely new (I think I'd only heard The Killers' "When You Were Young" before) and, for the most part, entertaining to me. I listened to the CDs as I constructed the cover...

Disappointing not to be performing a couple of songs tonight but the time will come round soon enough...

Highlight of the Day : Relaxing with some cool jazz on the stereo...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammatically incorrect:

Anne was out at the cinema with her friend Michelle and Michelle's sister and daughter, to see the new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore RomCom "Music and Lyrics" which sounds like fun...

Should be:

Anne "is" out at the cinema with her friend Michelle and Michelle's sister and daughter, to see the new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore RomCom "Music and Lyrics" which sounds like fun...

Or:

Anne was out at the cinema with her friend Michelle and Michelle's sister and daughter, to see the new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore RomCom "Music and Lyrics" which "sounded" like fun...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

yeah but, no but...

"Anne was out at the cinema with her friend Michelle and Michelle's sister and daughter, to see the new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore RomCom "Music and Lyrics""- happened in the past, while "which sounds like fun..." is in the present - as in "the film sounds like fun to me at present" - i.e. "based on everything I've heard, I think it might be fun" - I wasn't commenting on Anne's experience but the possibility of one of my own.

I suppose I could have said "which sounds like it might be fun to see at some point although I'll probably not see it unless we rent it someday on DVD which we probably won't because Anne's already seen it and we don't tend to rent DVD's"

I probably missed out a few commas there but not to worry...

Thanks for stopping by...

Anonymous said...

Tosser!

Unknown said...

I really like the photo on the Sonny Clark album.

Anonymous said...

Was just trying to be helpful.

No need for such sarcasm, you ignoramus.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Apologies Anonymous - no sarcasm intended- that's just my way.