Thursday, November 18, 2021

Slowing down can produce a revelation...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twentytwentyone
Keaton Henson - Super Nova OST
Erasure - The Violet Flame-Deluxe Edition
Erasure - Total Pop
Erasure - The Circus
The United States Of America - The United States Of America
Lou Reed - Thinking Of Another Place
Lou Reed - Rock'n'Roll Animal
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Variations on Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music"
Ohio Players - Honey
Portico Quartet - Monument
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Bread - Essentials
Elvis Presley - Elvis 75
Deep Purple - Singles A's & B's
Various Artists - Jackie The Album Vol 2
Various Artists - Jackie The Album
Various Artists - NOW Presents the 70s
The Moody Blues - To Our Children's Children's Children

Thursday...

Up late...


Scenes...


...including the proposed compilation...


New headphones still fine and dandy...


...as is Luna...


She helps the Exec Producer work from home...


Proposal from Edward Spark to record some Erasure covers...

We'll see...

Today though, a new thing did arise...


It occurred to me, in a discussion on Lou Reed's 1975 output, that I might look to see what might be done with his four sides of noise, "Metal Machine Music"...

I only used side one (so far) - I slowed it to a quarter of its issued speed and blended it with some CBQ guitarscapes...

The results were better than expected....

Not only that but I think I may have stumbled across the fact that Mr Reed created his opus by speeding up the recordings he made, to a point where they sound completely different from what he was actually doing...

I searched the internet for references to this but found nothing - surely someone has slowed this down before??

I will, at some point, slow down all four parts and have them as a stand alone listen - a difficult listen of course, as each of the four parts will then last for over an hour...

Also today, David Essex was given a spin re good LPs from 1975, when a Twitter person doubted its goodness...

I checked...

It's subjectively good...


Keralan Curry for tea - yowsah!


Luna was also good but in a different way...



Some telly, some listening...

The "Now" people are putting out a limited edition 5LP set, with each of the 10 sides containing five or six singles from a year of the decade 1970-1979...

A good tracklist but each side is half an hour long so it's going to sound horrendous on vinyl....

I have all the tracks bar one (Boomtown Rats - easily downloadable), so I set about creating my own version...

This is how I waste my time...

So it goes...

Highlight of the Day : Creating...

No comments: