Wednesday, January 08, 2020

The right box and the wrong box...

Playlist
Bryan Ferry - These Foolish Things
The Velvet Underground - Loaded
Lou Reed - Transformer
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Brian Eno - Before And After Science
Roxy Music - Roxy Music
Brian Eno & John Cale - Wrong Way Up
Bryan Ferry - Let's Stick Together
The Velvet Underground - Loaded
Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
Cloudland Blue Quartet Featuring the Capital Models - 2020-01-07 Nitty Gritty Set
Phronesis - Walking Dark
Various Artists - The Greatest Seventies Album
Isaac Hayes - Branded
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2019

The view from the office this morning, bus interior with trees...


At lunchtime, I ventured along to the East End and, having taken slightly the wrong bus for Fopp, found myself in the Waverley Mall, and stumbled across what's left of the mighty Avalanche empire...

I partook of this for a fiver...


...and another disc of string quartets by Haas but which, on the way back I realised had the wrong CD and back cover...

Back home this evening, I was pleased to find I didn't already have a big box of Mendelssohn's Orchestral Works, which was good...

And, this, one of my last purchases of 2019 had finally arrived...

Isaac Hayes' last studio LP...

Tasty...


...and my second of the week from new discoveries, Phronesis...

Also tasty...


Anne was out at pilates so I had the remains of last night's veggie pasta and watched episode 2 of "Dracula"...


...whilst wearing a jaunty Xmas present...


Today's portrait...


On Anne's return, some TV watched and some ripping and listening done...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Rediscovering Avalanche...

No comments: