Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Not the negative...

Playlist
King Crimson - The Elements Of King Crimson: 2017 Tour Box
Alice Cooper - The Last Temptation
Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
Yes - Yessongs

On the bus on the way home today, a Twitter chum advised on their timeline that they'd just bought a second vinyl copy of the classic 3LP live set from 1973 by Yes, "Yessongs"...

When I got home, post a tasty tea, I duly got my copy out...






I was surprised to find that, on consulting my diary, I hadn't bought this LP until 19 May 1982 - I think I must have had it on tape for a long time before buying the record, 2nd hand, for £4.99...

That's a whopping £16.83 in today's money - I must have been mad!

I ended up spending much of the night listening to it (on CD of course) but took a look at the discs themselves...



...and found that side three's label was the label for side five...





Maybe it's a rarity - the grooves certainly indicate the discs themselves are correct (I didn't put them on)...



It's actually a lot better than I remember and, by far, the best live set out there by Yes (IMHO)...

And that's how I waste my time...

Lights out, post "Holby City" of course...

Highlight of the Day : Rediscovering Yessongs...

No comments: