Monday, April 10, 2017

A new cat can be good...

Playlist
Wagner - Die Musik des Märchenkönigs
Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
Joanna MacGregor - Play
Peter Hammill - Clutch

Took this this morning to remind me what to listen to today...


Whenever I buy a load of CDs, I inevitably end up skipping over a few of them and, ultimately, never listening to them - although sometimes, an odd track will pop up on shuffleplay as a mysterious delight and end up in the podcast...

Starting with much warbling with Wagner and continuing with prog metal from Avenged Sevenfold, the Joanna MacGregor was almost as far as I got today - but it is an absolute cracker of an LP...

Given all these were just a quid each, it's no surprise I suppose that the booklet for that particular CD is missing...

Hey ho...

Good light on the trees on the way down the hill...



And a walk at lunchtime to Red Dog Music, looking at PA options re possible performances later this year perhaps, for one, or all, of the current projects which are progressing slowly...

Past the castle, once...


...twice...


...and to what was once MacAllister Matheson Music now, sadly, closed down, to be replaced by a vinyl only outlet...

I popped in...


The owners seem enthusiastic...

I have often pondered opening another record shop but I couldn't have a vinyl only emporium without being overwhelmed by the thought that my customers were utter and complete idiots with more money than sense...

Some sad news on the interweb that my fave jazz band is changing...

Ethan Iverson will leave the Bad Plus, after 17 years, at the end of this year...

His last gig will be New Year's Eve at the Village Vanguard in New York...

Perhaps we should go...

(Except it's already sold out)


A new cat in the Bad Plus' neighbourhood will be Orrin Evans...

Meanwhile, a new cat in our own neighbourhood was spotted on the way home...


...where excellent pasta was enjoyed and this was randomly added to the collection...


Happy birthday to streamer Keith!

...and new light shades had been procured by the Exec Producer...

Nice...


In the evening, disappointment as Monkman was defeated in the final of "University Challenge"...

"Broadchurch"'s penultimate episode came with the now requisite shoal of red herring...

Back to Joanna MacGregor as I write this...

A superb LP...

Then, another, from Peter Hammill...

I love it that CDs are so cheap...

Highlight of the Day : Ms MacGregor...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bad Plus are playing 4 nights at Ronnie Scotts in the summer - still plenty of tickets!

I was shocked at the departure of Iverson, but I think the addition of Orrin Evans will be interesting and potentially exciting.

Hope your Mum is doing OK.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Good to know re TBP. Poss trip to That London. Hopefully my mum will make a full recovery...