Thursday, February 25, 2016

The curse of the four last things...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Four Last Things
Various - Radio 4
Various - Radio 3

Well, what is it with days when I decide to give a listen to the proposed new CBQ album of a morning?


Last time I set off down the road with it in the cans, I discovered David Bowie had died...

Today, another fateful day...

Called my mum a few times but received no reply...

Then she called back and didn't sound very good at all...

Arranged for brother in law Andrew to pop by...

Concerned, he called sister Sheila, who, in turn, called the GP...

GP visited and had left by the time I got there around 5:30, with mum very much not good...

Sister Sheila advised the GP had booked her in to the Western General...

At 6:35, me and my mum took the journey, arriving at 7...

At 7:20 she was taken to a bay...

Much testing and blood taking and X-Raying ensued...

Just before 11 a chest infection was confirmed, with a possible further infection of the Monday operation wound...

Yesterday, the District Nurse had called and said the inflammation was probably a reaction to the dressing - so she took it off, took all the spare ones away and advised my mum to use kitchen roll!

And also advised she was afraid she wouldn't be back as, these days, it's very much a case of DIY care...

For an eighty-five and a half year old lady two days after surgery?

Not good...

Intravenous antibiotics were being administered and she was admitted and off to a ward as I emerged into the night around 11:15...

A quick pick up and take home of the EP who had been on an enjoyable night out re the retirement of chum Theresa...

A day with 4 hours spent at a hospital is not a good day...

Lowlight of the Day : Mum back in hospital...

No comments: