Sunday, December 28, 2014

A book which occasionally suggests some not great songs...

Playlist
Various - Albums of the Year 2014
Various - 1,001 Songs You Must Hear Vol 1
The Temptations Motown Chartbusters Vols 1-7
Various - Stax 50th Anniversary Celebration
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Various - Superbad [Disc 1]
Various - Top Of The Pops 1964-1975
Kiss - Kiss Alive II

Did some compiling this morning - my albums of the year - keeping it down to just 20 (although, writing this a day later, that total has rather spiralled somewhat out of control since then)...

Also had a look through these two new books - one a Xmas present from Andy and Tori, the other a copy of which Anne and I coincidentally gave to Andy...



In the "Songs" book, it would appear I have only around 50 of the entries from 1991 to 2013 and, to be honest, some of those I'd be quite happy if I never heard them again before I died...

Maybe that could be the title of an alternative book "1,001 Songs (or indeed albums) Which If you Hear Once, You'll Never Want to Hear Again As Long As You Live" - snappy...

Nonetheless, listen I did...

Out for breakfast...



...to Patisserie Florentin with Annie...


Yum...


A cold, crisp day...




Some shopping almost resulted in my purchasing a 6CD set of recordings from Woodstock in 1969 - however, the thought that I'd never listen to them was enough to veto the laying out of cash - something that, to be honest, doesn't happen as often as it should...

Back home and Anne went to her mum's to install some new phones...

I played some records...




...and some funky CDs...


And scoffed an entire Chocolate Orange...

In the evening, mostly tivo and telly, with "Puss in Boots" being much enjoyed concurrently with a very tasty home made cottage pie concocted with tips from a cookbook Annie received from Santa...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Tasty food...

No comments: