Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Time machine part 346...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
Various - UK Hit Singles 1 Aug - 31 Dec 1970
Tangerine Dream - 1970-1980

Cathedral looking good this morning...


Here's the view which, in a slightly different format, graces the cover of the new CBQ album...



A day of errands...

Posting off an order for "Starlightnight"...

Currency being exchanged...

Taking an order for "Starlightnight" to a meet at Fopp with brother-in-law Keith - at which a book on Bruxelles was borrowed...

While at Fopp, I bought a £2 two disc box by Alice Cooper, comprising a CD of Sony era hits and live recordings, "Alice Cooper Classicks" (which I have already) and a DVD of his 1990 tour (which I don't already have on DVD - only video) - twenty two years ago already...

...and a 3CD box of albums by Jefferson Airplane for £3 - this despite having bought one of the albums in the box in July, second hand at Fopp for £2...

OK granted this versions different - in that it doesn't have the six bonus tracks...

One of my favourite church towers was looking good on the way home...



...while the light on the cathedral had moved round...



Back home this evening, with Anne out, I abandoned the project started yesterday and started another, inspired by the discovery of this site - I love all the wee pictures of the singles and albums...

And so it was that a new collection of MP3s was started, that of UK hit singles from 1 August 1970 (when I purchased "The Wonder of You" by Elvis Presley)...

I am also considering an album version starting from September 1972 and the purchase of Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes" album...

This is how I waste my time - though I must say I had a very enjoyable evening listening to around 50 singles from 42 years ago - many of which I can remember hearing for the first time like it was yesterday...

Music is a time machine...

On TV, "Cuckoo" was absolutely brilliantly funny tonight...

Off to bed with T Dream in my lugs...

Highlight of the Day : The party scene in "Cuckoo"...

No comments: