Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Music is a time machine, pt 342...

Cloudland Blue Quartet - Track of the Day
"Thinking of Me" from "Callingstill" (1997)


Playlist
Various - Last 9 Months on Shuffleplay
Various – Music from the 1970’s
Lee Morgan – Cornbread
Geoff Love – Favourite TV Themes
Steeleye Span – Parcel of Rogues
Steeleye Span – Now We Are Six
Saturnalia – Magical Love
Arthur Brown’s Kingdom Come – Journey
Humble Pie – Thunderbox
Loggins & Messina – Full Sail
Rick Wakeman – Journey to the Centre of the Earth
Tim Curry – Read My Lips

To the library today through the wind, rain and Grassmarket...



...to return the three box sets borrowed a few weeks ago – enjoyed the Sly & The Family Stone the other day...

Meg the Black Cat had wanted to come with me...



A quick nip into FOPP but nothing took my fancy...

On the way home, the street has been unblocked but the evidence remains...







Back home, the fourth of four end of the year purchases from Amazon’s marketplace arrived, another tasty Blue Note set by Mr Lee Morgan...

In the evening, returned to my list of LPs bought between 1972 and 1983 and added all the LPs I still have to this, noting which of the 72-83 purchases are still in my collection and all the LPs I must have acquired post 1983...

A goodly number of the listed LPs are now long missing from my collection, many for the good reason that they were bought due to their price rather than anything else and turned out to be shite...

Nonetheless, I spent probably too much time downloading a few for free from some rather dodgy websites around the net...

I felt no guilt doing this as (a) I didn’t really want them other than because I used to have them and (b) I already paid for them back in the 70s...

I downloaded nine in all, with Arthur Brown’s Kingdom Come being the ace in the pack – very much ahead of its time...

Once again, this is how I waste my time – but I enjoy it so, so what...

Highlight of the day : Finding some old LPs and realising they’re still not that great but not being bothered...

No comments: