Saturday, January 28, 2012

Flesh ripped by a weasel apparently...

Cloudland Blue Quartet – Track of the Day
“Going Down” from “Callingstill” (1997)


Playlist
Brian Eno – Drums Between the Bells (Instrumental Disc)
Brian Eno – On Land
The Doobie Brothers – What Were Once Vices are Now Habits
John Lennon – Walls & Bridges
Barclay James Harvest – Live 74
The Kinks – Lola
Dr Feelgood – Stupidity
Elton John – Here & There Live in London & New York
Lone Star – Lone Star
Cream – Disreali Gears
Gordon Lightfoot – Don Quixote
The Mothers of Invention – Weasel’s Ripped My Flesh
The Mothers of Invention – Burnt Weeny Sandwich
Kiss – Kiss Alive!
Angel – Angel
Angel – Helluva Band
Angel - White Hot
Angel - Sinful

The leg seemed a bit better today – crutches put to one side...

I did not venture forth till later, however...

Up at 6:30 and updating this and then downloading more music to fill the gaps from my 1972-1983 list of music I used to own...

In all, sixteen albums gathered (see playlist) – although I confess I did not own any Angel at the time – but I was interested in them and they are now deemed to be “no bad”...

In 1977 and 1978 I bought a few Zappa albums it seems, though quite what I made of them at the time, I cannot recall...

I seem to remember it was the “less weird” stuff which I enjoyed – “Directly From My Heart to You” and “WPLJ” – these days, I enjoy it all and my Zappa quotient is increasing...

Still not driving due to the ankle, so Anne drove us to my mum’s around 1 and a good blether with her and with the Exec Producer was had, along with light lunch, coffee and biscuits - home made (by someone else) melting moments apparently...

Still much to do to sort out sister Pam’s situation...

Back home and, mostly, listening to Zappa and Kiss (and Angel) as we prepped for tonight’s night out...

Good news from Palmerston Park - Queens are off the bottom of the league at last after beating Greenock Morton 2-1 today – the new striker getting two on his debut...

The bottom club have three games in hand however...

Tough season for the Doonhamers...

At 6:30, we left the house – with Meg the Black Cat in charge...





...and Anne was forced to walk very slowly indeed by your hobbling correspondent down to the White Lady to meet up with Lynn, Ross, Brodski and Penny for drinks there and, then, along to Abida for an extremely tasty celebratory Indian nosh up...

Here is the aftermath...









Then, back along to the pub – Penny stopping off to check out cash machines re scamming - following a police visit to Anne’s work advising what to look out for and duly passed on to us all by the Exec Producer...



Chucked out at closing time, we bade farewell to our quartet of chums and we walked home (very slowly indeed up the steep route of Crispycat Hill) and to bed, already well into Annie's birthday...

Highlight of the Day : Celebrations with Anne and chums...

No comments: