Monday, September 29, 2008

Not such a blast...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Setlist
UK – Night After Night
Various – Canadian Blast
Glasvegas – Glasvegas
Stereophonics – Language, Sex, Violence, Other

An uneventful day – other than, of course, in the financial markets where everyone’s taking a pasting – and will be taking an even bigger one tomorrow...

I managed to sicken myself of my mournful singing and inept guitaring by listening to my recordings from yesterday...

Things picked up a bit music-wise in the evening as I listened again to some new Canadian bands and tracked some discs on e-bay...



Chum Spike provided me with the Glasvegas album to copy – I’d point out that no-one is losing out there as there’s no way I’d ever have bought it...

It’s “not bad” – just nowhere near as good as people are saying...

Most albums I obtain after believing what people in general are saying about them, disappoint me...

I prefer to discover for myself through, mostly, guesswork...

Ended the day (after two Corries on tape) with programmes re the impending meltdown...

Uplifting stuff...

Looks like I’ll be working till I die...

Highlight of the Day : Hearing music other than my own...

No comments: