Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gold blend...

Playlist
Chad Wackerman – Scream
Chad Wackerman – Legs Eleven
Vivaldi – Variations on La Folie and Other Sonatas
Various – Compilations Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Andrew Hill – Black Fire
Andrew Hill – Point of Departure
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Blend

Up at 7:30 listening to jazz and updating the red book of CDs I own...

At 9:10, a call from the lovely podiatrist – I was supposed to be there at 9 but had forgotten...

A quick dash and I made it for 9:25 and was out again 15 minutes later and £15 lighter in the pocket – but with very nice toes indeed...

Home for breakfast with Anne and Vivaldi and Meg the Black Cat....



Then, up into the attic where Anne did all the back-breaking work while I helped out and we laid the loft insulation...

On E-bay, I found I’d won two albums by jazz pianist Andrew Hill, bringing the total number of CDs I own by him to 10...

In celebration, I listened to a couple of his albums, before heading to Corstorphine to pick up some lunch which we enjoyed whilst listening to the comedy show on BBC Scotland which proceeds the football commentary – can’t remember what it’s called, “Off the Ball” or something – but it’s quite funny...

Hearts went down 3-0 away at Dundee Utd, Queens beat Clyde 2-0 at Clyde to go back into 2nd place in the league...

Meanwhile, I was working on this elusive new song which has been haunting me for a couple of months or more now and finally pinned down the chord sequences and put together the lyrics from those already written plus some lines coined in Vancouver...

Spent a couple of hours recording the song, forgetting to save as I went along – so the programme crashed and I lost everything and had to start again from scratch – within an hour I had a recreation – of course, in my head the first version, the one lost forever, was better...

“Merlin” was bad last week but this week it was even worse – I will continue to watch...

AS Anne watched “Strictly Come Dancing” I was despatched for the Indian Takeaway – a Saturday night habit which needs to stop I think...

On the way and on the way back, I listened back to the new song, having burned a disc to do so...

A compilation ended the series of “Mock the Week” – as usual, Frankie Boyle stole the show...

“Match of the Day 2” then bed...

Highlight of the Day : New song finished at last...new album therefore started...

No comments: