Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hype and stillness...

Playlist
Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
Mercury Rev – All is Dream
Mercury Rev – Stillness Breathes 1991-2006

Slightly better weather today but we are undoubtedly heading into autumn without really having had a summer...

First visit of the week to FOPP at lunchtime today where I bumped into brother-in-law Bobby who advised he’d recently procured the new album by Glasvegas – which is one which every man and his dog seems to be raving about and so is one which I will undoubtedly discount...

Of course it has the full weight of Sony’s marketing machine behind it whilst attempting to maintain an “indie” gloss – if you look closely at the posters you’ll see the tiny “Columbia” logo in the bottom right corner...

Bobby and I both laughed at the Franz Ferdinand album now on sale at FOPP for just £1 (and that’s still £1 too much for my tastes) – how are the next big things fallen – I advised that’s probably where the Glasvegas album will be in a couple of years...

No purchases for me...

However, on the way home I was enticed into HMV by yet another “biggest sale ever” and bought Mercury Rev’s 2CD set “Stillness Breathes 1991-2006“ for a mere £5...



After an excellent tea comprising lamb mince with carrots and mushrooms and mash, I retired to the PC for the inevitably frustrating uploading of holiday pics to the blog – forced once again to opt for a collage - whilst simultaneously listening to/ripping Mercury Rev, purchasing new buildings insurance cover the net for my mum and booking a wee break for Anne and I to celebrate our upcoming actual Silver Wedding (as opposed to the recent “holiday of a lifetime” jaunt to the Lands of Canadia...

Multitasking at its best...

Highlight of the Day : Booking our Silver Wedding venue...

No comments: