Sunday, September 14, 2008

These boots were made for walkin'...

Playlist
Various – Blue Note on Shuffleplay
Charles Lloyd – The Water is Wide
JS Bach – Die Kunst der Fuge
Dream Theater – Systematic Chaos
Various – Last 100 CDs on Shuffleplay
Elbow – The Seldom Seen Kid

Dreadful problems sleeping last night due to the infernal vibrations of our neighbours’ boiler – it switches on every 54 seconds for around 10 seconds and, despite the volume being very low indeed, because I can FEEL it, I can hear it even over blaring jazz on headphones, accompanied by two pillows over my head...

I’m working up the courage to discuss it with them because if this can’t be sorted I am going to go insane or pop my clogs through lack of sleep...

Up at 8:15 and, trying to ignore the ongoing intrusion, I wrote up “The Big Red Book of CDs I Own” which is now back up to date, whilst listening to the second disc of Bach bought yesterday...

The new Charles Lloyd disc from Canada accompanied my dish washing chores...

Anne finally emerged around 10:30 for a light breakfast...

Then uptown for some post-holiday cheer-up shopping...

While we were away, the new album by Elbow won the Mercury Music Prize – unusual for anyone who’s actually any good to come away with the prize...

In HMV I purchased this ( I assure you I am not a “post mercury fan” – I already have all their other albums), along with the last Dream Theater opus (again I have all previous releases), on sale for £7...

Then a new pair of boots entered the CBQ wardrobe – and so my ancient Dr Martens can finally rest in peace...



Back home, episode 3 of “Mutual Friends” entertained before some mucking about on the PC accompanies by the excellent sounds of Dream Theater, prior to a visit to my mum’s following her discharge from hospital yesterday...

She’s fine she assures us, though the reason for the symptoms which prompted a week long stay as a guest of the NHS remains a mystery...

Back home again Anne enjoyed “Poirot” while I uploaded new music to the Jukebox soundtracked by Messrs Elbow and the mighty prog of Dream Theater – tasty stuff....

Off to bed , hoping for sleep...

Highlight of the Day : Getting boots that fit and don’t hurt

No comments: