Monday, April 27, 2020

Taking requests and seeing the lid...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Aftersilence (Soundscapes)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Aftersilence (Songs)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Anotherhappyday
Uriah Heep - Very 'Eavy Very 'Umble
Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay
Secret Machines - Secret Machines
Electronic - Raise the Pressure
Uriah Heep - Sweet Freedom
Fela Kuti - He Miss Road
Grand Funk Railroad - Live Album
T. Rex - 20th Century Superstar
Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
Montrose - Montrose
Steve Howe - Portraits of Bob Dylan
Black Pumas - Black Pumas
The Beatles - Solo Singles 1969-1975
Magma - Live Kohntark (aka HHAI Live)
Udo Lindenberg - Casanova
Little Feat - Dixie Chicken
Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (Definitive Edition Remaster)
War - Platinum Jazz
Al Green - The Hi Records Singles Collection
Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention - Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Post the purchase of my entire CBQ back catalogue (so not my entire back catalogue by any means), I listened to the best of it this morning...

And it was good...


...as were the views...





A solo coffee...


..and breakfast once Anne emerged...



WFH this morning while listening to, mainly, me...

Compiling a list of LPs released in 1970 - as you do...

Played a couple...

Cheesy beans for lunch...


...before walking down to the main street to post an order...




Back home and Anne's latest painting was progressing nicely...


...as I did something I like...


...and wondered what to play next...


Scones...


...and I worked on as Anne enjoyed the garden (with scones)...


Later, I did some more tidying in the back room - including looking over 11 years' of Classic CD discs and 3 years' of Gramophone discs - plus extras - almost 200 CDs in total...


Chicken and salad for tea...


...as we were joined by Fang...




Upstairs, after asking Twitter what I ought to listen to, suggestions came in - either specifically, or in relation to particular areas of the picture above...



Meanwhile Anne was shopping...


The sun was going down...



..and I was listening to a T Rex album I don't recall ever having listened to before...


Plus more stuff...




...including a suggestion from chum Gina re her latest fave, the Black Pumas - like them...


Someone else wanted Zappa...


...which was my last play of the day before sitting up watching a documentary about Sicily...

Pre retiring, my tidying had brought this box to the fore...

I have had it since June 2011 and, all that time, it has had a big sticker on the lid of the desk - tonight I finally built up the courage to take it off...

Amazingly, if left no damage and so, for the first time in almost 9 years, I saw the lid in all its graffiti-ed glory...


That'll do nicely...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Taking requests...

No comments: