Saturday, May 04, 2013

Birthday of the beast...

Playlist
The Velvet Underground - Scepter Studio 04-25-66
Miles Davis - Live in Europe 1969
Tosca - Odeon
Wizzard - See My Baby Jive
David Bowie - Drive in Saturday
Alice Cooper - No More Mr Nice Guy
Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra
Agnes Obel - Philharmonia
Rollin' Bunkers - Invasion!
Nanoohm - Nanoohm
Klink Clock - We Don't Have the Time to Do Love All the Time
Rainbow - Rainbow Rising
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico
Thomas Koner - Permafrost
Spock's Beard - Snow
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Starlightnight
Hawkwind - Parallel Universe

Today is the birthday of the beast...

I've been blogging daily since March 2005...

Here's me on my birthdays through the blogging years...

Don't seem to have aged too much - but, of course, I have really...

I had plans for today - things I could do...

Go to a record fair...

Go to Coatbridge to see Queens play their last game of what has been a triumphant season (they won 1-0)...

Go to the Arches in Glasgow with Dr Prog tonight to see Spock's Beard...

Or go to St Mary's Cathedral (the one much featured in pics here over the last few years) for a day of Bach, from 8:45 in the morning till midnight...

Firstly though, to podiatrist Helen to have my feet done...

Lovely...

Then, with Anne, a wee walk to Jacobs Cafe at Haymarket, past the former deaf school - I don't mean it can hear now, I mean the building used to be a school for the deaf...


Breakfast...




Back to the car...


...and home to open my cards...



...and finally break the seal on the Velvets album purchased two weeks ago on "Record Store Day" in London...


...to transfer it to mini-disc and then, to CD, for future listening - vinyl is rubbish...


And then I did, for want of a better term, nothing really...

I didn't venture out again - wasn't feeling that great anyway really, the lingering lurgi from a few weeks ago continue to linger annoyingly...

However, I did have a good time - sorting out CDs and listening to music and surfing the interweb for nonsense and watching the footie scores progress - much like any other Saturday really...

In the evening, Annie cooked probably my fave tea - Spaghetti Bolognese, which was enjoyed with a cheeky wee bouteille du vin rouge...


"Dr Who" entertained, as did the final two episodes in the current series of "Person of Interest"...

All in all, a fine and indeed, dandy, birthday...

Highlight of the Day : Being the birthday boy...

No comments: