Friday, May 24, 2013

Another box of entertaining nonsense...

Playlist
Various - Wow! That Was the 70s
LMFAO - Party Rock
LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rocking
JS Bach - A Selection Vols 1-3

A sunny day...


Too sunny for the camera at one point...


Fixed...


In the British Heart Foundation shop at lunchtime, I came across an 8CD box of 128 (count 'em) 70s hits for just one point nine nine of your English pounds...

How could I resist...

Of the tracks I don't think I already have but probably do somewhere, standouts are (I know you like a list as much as I do):-

The Hollies- Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress
Leo Sayer - Moonlighting (classic)
Ike & Tina Turner's version of Proud Mary
The Piglets - Johnny Reggae (is Mr King out of prison yet?)
Disco Tex and The Sex-o-Lettes - Get Dancing
George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
Lene Lovich - Lucky Number
Marshall Hain - Dancing in the City
Mud - Oh Boy
Pilot - January
Jim Gilstrap - Swing Your Daddy
New York City - I'm Doin' Fine Now
Cozy Powell - Dance With the Devil
Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get it Right
A Taste of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie
KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the Way I Like It

Leafy view on the way home, big box of hits in my pocket...


More lack of focus...


Big baldy man in a coat on a hot day...



Post listening to many great 70s tracks - and downloading two albums by shuffling fools LMFAO, I set about compiling a 3CD set of fifteen complete works by JS Bach for brother-in-law Keith...



...breaking the back of the project before retiring around 1 am...

A very reasonable day...

Highlight of the Day : Golden oldies entering the collection...

No comments: