Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Groovy, man...

Playlist
Emerson Quartet - J S Bach : The Art of the Fugue
Alban Berg Quartett - Bartok String Quartets 1 & 2
Cage - Complete Piano Music
Cecil Taylor - Love For Sale
Cecil Taylor - Hard Driving Jazz
Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures

A bad start to the day as, half way down the road, I realised I had forgotten my specs...

When I did finally reach the bottom of the hill - after a double back to collect specs scenario - I boarded the bus into town only to find my bus pass expired yesterday...

OK not quite as bad as those times when my Jukebox battery runs out of juice but getting there...

A call to mum to be advised the results of a recent X-Ray show the infection in her lungs is yet to fully clear up - hence recent shortages of breath...

The dizziness continues to improve a little and visits from chum Janette last night and this morning buoyed...

In the evening, some quick updating of this while Anne cooked another brilliant spaghetti - seafood and chorizo tonight...

On the Tivo, a documentary on Ronnie Barker - laughter and tears...

Late on, having been soundtracked this morning by Bach and this afternoon by Bartok, it was the turn of John Cage and Cecil Taylor from '59 and '66...


Groovy, man...

Ended the day with "New Girl", "CSI" and more far out sounds...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's spaghetti...

No comments: