Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fat, yes but not the fattest...

Playlist
Dohnanyi - String Quartet No 1
Gentle Giant - Pretentious (For the Sake of It)
Gentle Giant - Interview

To the Book Festival at lunchtime today, in the rain...


Nothing for me and I left them to it...



In the evening to Tynecastle for my third visit to "Football Fanns In Training" or FFIT (geddit?)...


Anyway, when I was last there, almost a year ago, I had lost a considerable amount of weight, due, no doubt, to the stress re the then situation with sister Pam...

Tonight, as I already knew, most of that loss (but not all) had returned...

I was recognised by a gentleman in the room whom, for my sins, I did not recognise back...

It was Dave "Digger" McLaren, ace guitarist of Bonnyrigg/Lasswade whom I must last have seen around the start of the eighties...

My opening gambit was "sorry, I didn't recognise you, you've gone grey" - at which point we were split up  for various non-gruelling tests and questions and I didn't see him again...

However, on reflection, he would have been quite in the right to have riposted "and you've gone fat and bald but I still recognised you"...

A lift home from the Exec Producer for "New Girl", "Suburgatory" and a listen to classic Gentle Giant album, "Interview"...



To bed earlier than usual...

Highlight of the Day : Not being the fattest man in the room, not by a very long chalk...

No comments: