Monday, May 14, 2012

Cello frenzy...

Cloudland Blue Quartet – Track of the Day
“My Last Trip” from “Soundingfall” (2009)

Playlist
UK - Live in the USA 2011
Various Composers - Sony Classical New Traditions
Udo Lindenberg - Cello
Choir of Young Believers - This Is For the White in Your Eyes
Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare
Grand Funk Railroad - Collectors' Series

Today's track is the last from "Soundingfall" - tomorrow we move on to 2010 and "Splinterheart"...

A sunny, if windy, day...



The marketing department at Crispycat Recordings started a project re different levels of limited edition packages for different prices re the initial run of the upcoming album, before it reverts to standard back catalogue status...

There remains no definite release date...

This evening along to the nearby Church of St Thomas' to see nephew Olly once more strut his stuff with his cello, almost a year to the day since his last performance...









Niece Kitty was also in attendance...



Although it was reasonably enjoyable, from the point of view of seeing my nephew and around fifty other kids of around 7 - 11 years of age attempting some tunes on violins and cellos, it wasn't the greatest 45 minutes of music I've ever sat through...

It must be strange to have children and lie to them about how good they are...

My parents never did that LOL (as they say)...

Back home with Annie (who had avoided the string scraping by attending keep fit and zumba), one episode of "The Bridge" of the two taped on Saturday night was watched and enjoyed before I retired to muck about on the PC...

Downloaded the album which contains the "haunting" title song from the series...

Quite good actually...

To bed around midnight with a rather noisy Grand Funk Railroad on the cans...

Highlight of the Day : Olly on the cello...

3 comments:

Sour Grapes said...

Hi David, Is that you I see playing Cello with the lads?? Well done!

Love the new blog backdrop too!

Cheers Ryan

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Sadly no. I love the cello but have never played on ein public (or to any great level of tunefulness). Last time I had a shot of Olly's cello, I accidently completely detuned it....

Cheers re the backdrop, thought it was time for a wee respruce...

When's Sour grapes coming back?

Sour Grapes said...

Hi David, Sorry I havent been around for a while. It felt like ages that I last made a comment.

Ahhh I'm glad you asked....Sour Grapes are returning to active service in the coming weeks. We plan on finishing the work from last February (where did that time go?) and have some new ideas in the mix.

The second half of 2012 will see the Mighty Grapes return. Oh, and I think there should be a full on CBQ/Sour Grapes tune done!

Cheers Ryan