Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Five years on...

Playlist
Various - Top 60 on Shuffleplay
Miles Davis Quintet – 19/3/63-12/11/68
Wayne Shorter - Discography

The moon was out this morning...





Soundtracked today by my current top 60 on the Sony Walkman, which now includes quite a few of my more recent acquisitions...

This evening, out to Out of the Bedroom for the first time since November 2009...

An e-mail had alerted me to the fact that Pol Arida, my Second Life gigging partner from last year, was the featured artist...

I took lyric/chord sheets along for four songs and managed to secure a 15 minute slot at 10:15...

It was the same old mix at OOTB of accomplished and, shall we say, not so accomplished, artistes giving it their all for three (and for those who came along too late for a full slot, one) of their best tunes...



Pol turned in a powerful set and it was good to see him again...



Old schoolchum John Sobik was also in attendance with his girlfriend, whom he met at dancing classes – they were so good together (despite John apparently previously having had two left feet) that they won first prize in a dancing competition on a cruise – and won themselves another cruise...

Last time I saw John was around this time five years ago, almost to the day, at Pol’s house when I played a set there...

My set comprised three of the four possible songs ("Blend" losing out) - “Twenty Twenty Vision”, “The End of Everything” and “Thinking of Me” – the first time I’ve played this last song for nearly seven years...

A good attentive audience which seemed to appreciate the CBQ music and a welcome live rehearsal for next Wednesday’s set at The Melville - and, for once I wasn’t nervous at all...

An enjoyable evening and home around 11...

Off to bed with some tasty jazz from Wayne Shorter in the cans...

Highlight of the Day : Playing live...

No comments: