Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Get in the swing, boy...

Playlist
UK – In the Dead of Night (3CD-R)
Lee Morgan - Volume 2: Sextet
Art Pepper – The Return of Art Pepper
Art Pepper – Modern Art
Art Pepper – Meets the Rhythm Section
Art Pepper – The Art Pepper Quartet
Lambchop – OH (Ohio)
Secret Machines – Secret Machines

Up and off to bring home some legitimate bacon rather than sick pay – although I have been working from home as much as possible during my time away from the offices of “The Man”...

Of course I’ve been suffering from FOPP withdrawal symptoms – nine days away...

And so, I took a wander along at lunchtime...

There were indeed some new delights - firstly, the latest by Secret Machines which, only a few weeks ago was a whopping £12 – now £3...

Then Lamchop’s last, again just £3...

Upstairs, intending on partaking of a few more classical bargains, I stumbled across a Lee Morgan Blue Note for just £2 and, finally, a 2CD set for £5 of four Art Pepper albums (the CD of just one of which was in the racks elsewhere for £7)...

Nutter alert...

A stormy and sunny day...



...on which a FOPP bag full of goodies was brought home....



...and with nowt on the telly, after a splendid home made beef chilli from the Exec Producer, it was upstairs for some listening and some typing and some reading...

So, still not 100% over the swine flu I feel, and the arm causing pain but, getting back in the swing perhaps...

Highlight of the Day : New purchases...

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

you do this to torture me don't you!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Certainly not Sid - mostly I do it because, for some reason, the act of buying a CD makes me feel good...

Possibly I am ill because, as you'll note from the playlists, most of the discs I buy I listen to just once and then file away...

However, I justify it by having provided myself the opportunity of further listening at a laterd date..

Plus most of the the CDs I buy cost less than a pint of lager...