Thursday, July 30, 2009

Targeting beyond 2032...

Playlist
Various – Cagliari Playlist on Shuffleplay
Soft Cell – Heat : The Remixes
The Mars Volta – The Bedlam in Goliath

Aaargh...

More from Fopp...

A 2CD remix album by Soft Cell...

The Mars Volta’s “The Bedlam in Goliath” from a couple of years back...

Bryan Adams’ “11” (with the Exec Producer in mind)...



The EP has been researching my family tree recently and is now back as far as seven generations into the past on my dad’s side...

Today we discovered that the day I was born was smack bang on the 144th anniversary of the birth of my great-great-great-grandfather, Thomas Reilly on 4th May 1815...

The lads in question from his father to me are:-

Name (DoB-DoD) Longevity
John Reilly (????-????) (Not yet known)
Thomas Reilly (1815-pre1911) Died Younger than 96
Jonas Reilly (1855-1911) Died at 56
Thomas Reilly (1878-Post 1914) Died older than 36
Thomas Reilly (1899-1967) Died at 68
Douglas Reilly (1930-2003) Died at 73
Me (1959-????)

Interesting to see if I get beyond 73 then – that’ll be 2032...

This particular male line will die with me since I have no kids...

But at least I get to live like a teenager for my whole life (a teenager who isn't a parent that is)....

And also from the EP this evening, via the kitchen, a very tasty indeed Red Thai Chicken Curry...

Mmm, mmm...

Then, up into the attic and digging out more old tapes...

There are boxes full of them up there...

Around 8, a knock at the door signalled the arrival of one of my oldest chums (yes he’s over 50 – boom, boom) Mr Jim Park and one of his three co-stars of this year’s Fringe show “The Silence of the Trams”, Mr Gordon Alexander...

They’re doing 24 shows at The Stand starting 3 August...

We spent around three hours working on a three and a half minute intro piece for the run...

It all went swimmingly and, if the show itself is as funny as the monologue recorded tonight, it’ll be very funny indeed...

Of course, in all the excitement, I forgot to take a photo – so, instead, here’s one of the sky first thing this morning...



Off to bed in the company of Soft cell and The Mars Volta....

Highlight of the Day : Making film soundtracks...

No comments: