Monday, July 27, 2009

Cut ka...

Playlist
Various – Albums Listed in the Mojo Collection 1946-2003
Mahavishnu Project – Phase 2
Schnittke – Complete String Quartets

Mondays eh?

Rubbish mostly...

Little time today to listen to my latest playlist based on the albums I have which are featured in the “Mojo Collection”, a recommended reference book of subjectively “good” LPs from 1946 to 2003, totally unrated other than being included of course; and listed, rather tastily, in a purely chronological fashion...

So, yes, rubbish mostly...

Mind you, I was on fire for tonight’s “University Challenge”...

Stumbled across a Mahavishnu Orchestra related release in my German Chum’s MP3 player (of which he kindly gave me a copy last year when he visited) whilst trawling through the external hard drives...

Reading a review on Amazon led me to the string quartets of Arnold Schoenberg...

Whilst obtaining the set for a listen, I noticed they nestled next to Alfred Schnittke’s Complete Quartets...

And so a rubbish day turned to delight with the hard going/difficult sound of Mr S’s strings in my lugs and a nice cup of tea and a hob-nob (eaten pre pic-take)...



Lovely...

Ended the day with the film "Rock Star", loosely based on the Judas Priest scenario where a major rock group plucks the singer of a tribute band from obscurity to be their replacement singer - a bit like the current situation at Yes headquarters - although I doubt the boys from Yes partake of such wanton hedonism as was depicted in the film...

Not bad - not great though - rubbish mostly...

Highlight of the Day : Music by chance...

No comments: