Tuesday, July 07, 2009

SF sorrow pretty things...

Playlist
UK – In the Dead of Night (3CD-R)
Dar Williams – Discography (7xCD)
Van Der Graaf Generator – The Box
Tangerine Dream – Albums 1970-83

A hellish, sleepless night last night...

I had to stop taking the painkillers due to side effects like hot and cold sweating, dizziness, nausea and other items I’d rather not mention...

Consequently the pain in my shoulder is horrendous – hence no sleep – spent the night from 2 am sitting in the living room listening to music on the headphones trying not to make too much noise with the incessant coughing...

During the day I did manage a couple of hours sleep, in between being logged in to “The Man” and working from home while listening to Dar Williams...



Meg the Black Cat kept my spirits up by getting into places she ought not to...



So I had a doctor’s appointment at 5pm (best I could get after phoning in yesterday morning for one)...

I was hoping to get some painkillers which won't have such a drastic effect on my well-being but still block out the pain....

Off I trudged up the road to get the bus to the surgery...



I found it pretty hard to believe but the doc diagnosed Swine Flu!!

He said they don't do tests for it anymore as the labs would just be swamped and I’m also too far gone to get Tamiflu...

So, signed off for a week but, although I'm far from 100%, I felt I could have struggled on if I could just resolve the painkiller situation...

Thankfully, this has indeed been done, by removing Ibuprofen from the equation and giving me other drugs to counteract the codeine side effects...

I am not too unwell I must say but the doc advised the sign off is more for other people's benefit than mine - I wasn't even allowed to go to the chemist to get my prescriptions....

Quarantined for a week under orders to take paracetomol, loads of fluids and get loads of rest...

Back home, I started taking the cocodemol again and Anne cheered me up with a very tasty Red Thai Chicken Curry...

We enjoyed last week’s “Law & Order : Criminal Intent” followed by the second “Torchwood” episode and a new comedy quiz which featured the excellent Richard Herring...

A comparatively early night thereafter, using Tangerine Dream to lull me to sleep...

Highlight of the Day : Well, it’s not every day you get told you have Swine Flu...

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

Sending you best wishes from Whitley Bay. Mr.CBQ. I need you fit and well so you can be out on the road to Fopp again.

impossible songs said...

Wow, hope the drugs work! Never had a pal with SW so far. Look after yourself, will send you a CD (hope it doesn't make you worse).

Get well soon

J & A