Monday, April 03, 2023

Like getting blood out of a stone...

Playlist
Various - Blue Note Trip 9
Wes Montgomery - A Day in the Life
Various Artists - Reggae Fever
Ryuichi Sakamoto - 12
John Mayall - The Blues Alone
Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold As Love
Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge
Simon Dupree and the Big Sound - Without Reservations (Mono)
John Lee Hooker - Urban Blues
The Hollies - Butterfly
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
Gordon Lightfoot - The Way I Feel
Donovan - A Gift From A Flower To A Garden
The Monkees - More of the Monkees
Thelonious Monk - Straight, No Chaser
Don Ellis Orchestra - Electric Bath
Jefferson Airplane - After Bathing At Baxter's
Cannonball Adderley - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
Al Stewart - Bedsitter Images
Various Artists - Instrumental Greats Of The 60's
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Dark Room
Various Artists - Jamaican Explosion!
Alla Rakha, Vijay Raghav Rao - Flute and Suitar Music of India
Miles Davis - Sorcerer
Barbara - Ma plus belle histoire d'amour
Ryuichi Sakamoto - async
Armin van Buuren - Feel Again, Pt 3

Up super early due to inability to sleep re lurgi...


Down for a coffee...



...listening to me in 2017 telling me now about good music I liked in 2017...


No music work today - my own I mean - I did compile my initial 100 nominations for my top 5 LPS of 1967 and gave a few a listen...

Then...


...with Anne painting...


...to the docs at 2 to provide a blood sample...

The student in attendance could not find a vein in my left arm and then failed to obtain enough blood from my right...

The nurse did the job on my left arm in a few seconds...

But we need to trach new people to replace the current people of course so no skin off my nose, or, indeed, my arms...

Home...


Machines back on and some downloading of Ryuichi Sakamoto's late works following his sad demise...


More painting from Anne, pre Pilates...


...said Pilates meaning I was on Baked Potato duty...

Another poor score on "University Challenge" but we still came second...

Don't recall what else we might have watched but I'm pretty sure it would have been some "The Sinner" season 3 - turns out we watched Season 2 on terrestrial TV back at the end of 2019...

OK lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Getting the blood test over with - till the results of course...

Today's new music:-

No comments: