Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Man falls asleep without alarm and causes alarm...

Playlist
Trevor Rabin - 90124
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Flight665
The Radha Krsna Temple - Same
Quiet Sun - Mainstream
Donna Summer - Bad Girls

A Wednesday and not too early...


Straight to randomly choosing the Daily Section...

No 39/432, Section 135, PIL to Radiohead, right next to yesterday’s...



I deemed this "not too interesting a section"...


...but chose the only LP by Phil Manzanera’s Quiet Sun; Trevor Rabin’s demos for what became a good part of Yes’ “90125”; and the early Apple signing Rhada Krsna Temple...


And, as regards my top LPs of 1993, I was down to the final 20...


Around 8:20, Bob and Jane arrived and took Anne and I into town - Jane and Anne were off to that London for five days of fun (including travel), while I was going into the offices of The Man...

Some work done, then a working lunch re what's going on in the world and then, to Tiger Lily for drinks...

Here, Matt, Alex, Baz, Kris with a K...


Here, our three hosts on the left plus Craig standing behind them, your correspondent, Janine, Gaz, Baz and Matt... 



Meanwhile Jane and Anne's apartment was looking good...





Back in Edinburgh, suffice to say, by the time I exited just after 8pm, I was slightly the worse for wear but did manage to capture the scene as I alighted at the terminus to walk down the hill home...


...where Luna was waiting for me and received her tea...


...before I promptly fell asleep and missed all of Anne's txts, Whatsapps and, indeed, landline phonecalls...

Awoke around midnight, assured the Exec Producer of my safety and Luna's well-being and headed off to bed with Donna Summer, so to speak...


Highlight of the Day : Out and about...

No comments: