Saturday, August 07, 2021

Niece on the till...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Fallingsky
Tim Webb - Probability Theory
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
Various Artists - Lemon Popsicles And Strawberry Milkshakes: Be My Valentine
Various Artists - 100 Hits 60s

Saturday - without a doubt, although Friday nights and Sunday mornings are good, the best day of the week...

And so, up for another full day of fun, kind of...


Some pictures as I went around the house while Anne slept...



This wee chap disappeared mysteriously when I tried to catch him to put him out the window (I say "him" but that's merely an assumption on my part)...


He had cheekily been trying to catch me in his web while I was just trying to make myself some coffee...

Wherever he is, I hope he's ok...

Anne bought a new bread bin yesterday - it's nice...


Anyway, I finished recording the podcast and uploaded...

The new way is to upload to Mixcloud, update the Crispycat website re the latest podcast, upload the MP3 of the podcast to WeTransfer and then Tweet that it's out, directing people to Crispycat rather than Mixcloud and giving them the option, for 7 days, to download the MP3 via WeTransfer and listen at their leisure, without having to be online...

Post breakfast, out to Davidson's Mains and the two shops there - this the haul...


The Audens may prove useful re lyric writing, or they may just sit on the shelf...


Loadsa hits and some not so well known stuff...


Shania pre-fame demos, ultimately sanctioned by her...


Some Rufus Wainwright...


Some White Stripes - a band I've always avoided...


One of dearly departed Crazy Wisdom chum Charlie Dootson's faves - from that Switzerland...


Cold War Kids - much less electronic than I'd anticipated, based on records I already have - in fact, this is rock music...


Banging trance I...


Banging trance and other banging stuff II...


Fifties stuff...


And the two Audens...



Met with Anne at the local Tesco, where niece Kitty has a summer job - this my receipt for the things I bought when at her till...


Just after lunch chum JK's son, Josh, won a bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics...


Well done that boy...

Then, to updating the book of CDs...


...accompanied by chocolate and coffee...


This evening, out with Annie to what was Abida (and, strangely, remains Abida for takeaways) but is now Prana...


Drinks...


Starters...

Prawns...


...haggis pakora...


Mains...

Jalfrezi, I think (it's a while ago now!)...


...rice and peshwari naan...


Karahi...


We even pushed the boat out for puddings...



...and these came with the bill...


Followed by a walk back up the hill...

A very nice end to a good day...

Highlight of the Day : Prana...

No comments: