Sunday, August 08, 2021

Good feedback and the musical time machine...

Playlist
Various Artists - 100 Hits 60s
Ryuichi Sakamoto - Hidari Ude No Yume (Left Handed Dream)
Ryuichi Sakamoto & Robin Scott - The Arrangement EP
KMRU - as it still is
Stefan Goldmann & .es - At a Moment's Notice
Celer - Because of All You Want
Sunroof - Electronic Music Improvisations Vol. 1
Moritz von Oswald Trio - Dissent
John McLaughlin - Liberation Time
Patrick Moraz - Windows Of Time

Sunday again but not much happening today...


Nonetheless, up and tiptoeing around, noting various views...


When I fired up the machines and went on to the web, some good things being said about the new LP - which is very gratifying...


Still (always) trying to get this up to date - a never ending task - today's entry is being written 11 days from now...


...and ripping yesterday's acquisitions...


These included the 2LP reissue of Ryuichi Sakamoto's "Left Handed Dream".  I got this LP (w/Adrian Belew/Robin Scott) at Xmas in 1982...

But, it took till this morning to discover that the UK LP is actually a compilation of an EP w/Scott ("The Arrangement") & the Japanese "Left Handed Dream" LP. ...

This is why my diary is never up to date. The Internet...

Shopping as usual for us and for my mum, then home for breakfast and more "work" and watching good thing on TV, like Kimmy and new French thing, "Lupin", which we initially rejected due to it being dubbed until Sister in Law Jane showed us how to choose subtitles...

A visit to my mum, doing ok all things considered...

In the late afternoon, gave this a wee listen...




I used to make up my own charts and, in 1999, started compiling CDs of may favourites across the years.  So, I have a series of these which start in 1959 (I started my own charts in 1973 but made my way back to 1959 in hindsight)...


Then, I listened to the last one I did, 18 years ago now...


It'd be a task to get this up to date...

Hmmm...

Some of these, I had no idea what they were - but they must be good to have been chosen...


Anyway, no doubt a lovely tea and some more telly and some more listening and, then, bed...

Highlight of the Day : Good feedback...

No comments: