Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The man in black may be from Argentina...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2017 Live Set Run Through (2017-08-20)
The Mute Gods - Atheists And Believers
King Crimson - Thrak

I have added the new recordings to the 18 month ago work I was doing on a potential live set and it's all good...

At lunchtime, no music purchases but three more books I don't need but which are nice to have...




In the evening, I refereed the annual Old Fogeys vs Young Upstarts game for the MB5s - actually MB8's tonight...

Here I am, flipping the coin for the captains - I wasn't allowed to wear white or black...


The old fogeys were the darks...


L-R : Ed, Lloyd, Stuart, Kenny, Nigel, Ryan, Gav and Grant...

The young upstarts were the lights...


Stevie, Sean P, Esom, Sean S (4 goals, man of the match), Cgibs, Rory, Simon and Cheebs...

The oldies scored first before the youngsters went ahead 2-1...


But, at half time, it was 5-3 for the old guys...



The second half turned out level at 5-5...



Which meant that, this year's winners...


..by 10-8, were the Old Fogeys...


Quite an enjoyable evening and, to be honest, far from strenuous for your correspondent - I think there were only three fouls in the hour long game and two of those were handballs...

Very gentlemanly...

Back home, I found the two old German singles I featured on my podcast a couple of weeks ago...


They were scratchy when I got them in 1976 from Karl-Heinz Lutz's parents and they are scratchy now...

"The Goldbergs" and the excellent "Scot Squad" entertained before bedtime...

Highlight of the Day : Refereeing...

3 comments:

Disco Stu said...

I think I know the guy on the far left of the youngsters photo "Ed".

Strange.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Scorer of a last minute own goal - how do you now him?

Disco Stu said...

He looks like the boyfriend of my next door neighbours daughter, also called Edward. Works for the Government at Saughton House I think.