Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Playlist
Various - Shuffleplay
Satie - Piano Music
Various - Tracks for This Week's Podcast

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

The Pie's Patch continues to take an absolute age to grow back...


In the inbox this morning, a call off from Jamie re tonight's rehearsal re flu...

Andy and I to continue in duo format...

This evening, ready nice and early and set to go upon his arrival...


With five minutes to go till start time, a call to say he was indeed just five minutes away but had just received a call from an interested party re his DJ CD Decks, currently up on Gumtree...

And so the evening was cancelled as he headed home, hopeful of doing a deal for much needed cash...

A takedown of equipment ensued...

What to do now?

I have be swithering about a 5CD box of Erik Satie and had sent myself an e-mail to remind myself to listen to what I already have - so ripped a 2CD set by Frank Glazer and listened to that while carrying out some prep for this week's podcast, ripping WAVs of potentially included pieces...

Then I listened to some of those tracks...


On the upside, the rehearsal cancellation meant Anne and I were able to watch this week's "Line of Duty" live at 9 pm...

Absolutely my favourite thing on the box right now...

Followed by "Silk" on the Tivo...

So, ended up being a not too bad night after all...

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Highlight of the Day : Line of Duty...

No comments: