Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunshine no longer being brought...

Playlist
Various - Denovali Swingfest London 2014
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twenty Four Paintings
James Jamieson - Precious
Various - Capital Models Covers Original Versions
Beethoven - Adagios
Beethoven - Piano Sonatas

Up super early with the thought in mind of trying to move things forward re the "Twenty Four Paintings" project - to take my mind off matters as it were...

Waylayed, of course, by items in the inbox...

Listened in any case to the recordings, post having boned up again on the line up for the Denovali Festival I will attend in London in April and having downloaded music by last year's star William Basinski and having discovered new to me Robert Rich's seven hour piece, "Somnium" ("Twenty Four Paintings" is more than twice that long)...

I am easily distracted...

Meg the Black Cat was a bit down (or so it seemed to this human)...


Just last Wednesday, she had deemed Jamie a completely acceptable person on whose knee to sit - one of the chosen few...

Early morning shots...



Walked to the store for rolls, noting good skies...



The beast was feeling kind of alone in his musical world following the death of his music partner - Jamie was Eric Morecambe to my Ernie Wise - kind of...


On the way home, the iPod started playing up...


...but this wee cat cheered me up by being fascinated by all the wee birds flying around above its head...


Back home...


...the net was down so I couldn't find how to fix the iPod...


Small potatoes I know...

Breakfast, then everything sorted...

Tried to cheer myself up by playing through our erstwhile covers sets on the acoustic guitar but only succeeded in proving to myself how much better Jamie was at that than I am...

The afternoon was spent listening to the originals and thinking about happy times spent with Jamie learning them...

Early evening and out...


...noting this small bird singing on an aerial over the road...


Back to Keith's and, tonight, son Kieran was in...

But he did not answer the door...

He did not answer the knocks on the window of the TV room where the TV was on...

He did not answer my shouts as I wandered in through the unlocked back door...

He did not answer my calls as I walked up the stairs...

He did not answer the knocks on his bedroom door, behind which I could hear loud dance music...

Eventually I opened the door and went in to find him with his back to me and his headphones on...

Yes he did indeed get a bit of a fright when he turned around...

Keith will be back in the UK on 3 April and back in Edinburgh the next day...

No point in ruining his holiday with the news...

On to my mum's for a week-early prearranged Mother's Day meal with the family at the Howgate...

It seems my mum uses this thing to get about her house, complete with several days' worth of post and old slippers along for the ride...


An enjoyable spirit lifting evening with nephew Ali...



...niece in law Tori, with nephew Andy in the background, who arrived only in time to sample the cheeseboard and echoing my and Anne's down-ness re Jamie's passing...


As usual, mum enjoyed her dessert...



No puddings for me or Anne though, just coffee...


A good night, all things considered...





Andy, Ali, CBQ, Mum, Tori, Sheila, Anne...

Back home, "The (tivo'd) Musketeers" entertained...

Late on, a list was drawn up of pieces which we might like to hear performed by the stars of the Edinburgh International Festival this summer...


That was it...

Off to bed with a hole in my wee world...

Highlight of the Day : Out with the family...

No comments: