Friday, June 22, 2012

Awarded...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Before Aftersilence 1977-1995

New thoughts today on what might fill the boxes...

This evening, out with the MBFives boys for the first awards ceremony since 2007...



I've not played for a long time now and my invite came couched in "founding father" terms, given my participation in the original MB (Meadowbank) Fives back in 1982...

The awards are, in the main, comically negative, and I managed to pick up an unexpected two - unexpected given my long term absence from the pitch - although I did make up the numbers during Mr Nigel's stag day last summer - albeit attired in shirt, jeans and Chelsea boots...

I was happy to reclaim my very own "Dave Reilly? Didn't He Win Deadliest Finisher One Year? How Have The Mighty Fallen Award" for Slowest Player - it used to be the "Stanley Matthews Statue Award" but was renamed in my honour after I won it in 2001, 2003 and 2005...

Erm, and in 2006 - but I would hope that, that year, it was down to my broken ankle...

I lost out to someone called "John (Dom's Mate)" in 2007 but now, after five long years, it's back on my mantlepiece for "taking months to make it along to a game"...

My second award was "The Nigel Simpson Award for Player Most Likely to E-Mail Everybody About Anything At All" for "Best Communicator"...

As you might gather from the award title, the "best" is in there sarcastically and I managed to beat off the competition (Nigel Simpson) for spamming the guys regarding CBQ activity...

Cheeky buggers...

With two awards, I just missed out on player of the year, which was won by new boy Abdul, seen here on the left, who made it to three...



...counting both "Best Goalkeeper" and "Worst Goalkeeper" amongst his honours...

An excellent night - there were so many awards it was almost as long as the Oscars...

And it was accompanied by Germany beating Greece 4-2 - four cracking goals from the Germans, a good one too from the Greeks, along with a fairly inocuous penalty...

Made my way on to Waverley Bridge just before midnight...







...for an Airport Bus and a lift up the hill from the Exec Producer...

Surprisingly, very much not the worse for wear...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Being awarded for stupid stuff...

No comments: