Monday, September 18, 2023

Statistics, playing and pasta...

Playlist
Capital Models - Bowie Velvets Roxy Eno
Various Artists - Bowie Velvets Roxy Eno
Markeno - LOCK LOWN [EXPLORING]
Dar Williams - I'll Meet You Here
Cloth - Secret Measure
The Church - The Hypnogogue
blochemy - sen
ELIF - ENDLICH TUT ES WIEDER WEH
Stephan Thelen and Fabio Anile - Music for Piano and Strings
Godsticks - This Is What A Winner Looks Like
Segerstam - String Quartet No. 6 / Rituals in La
iamamiwhoami - Be Here Soon
Fagerlund - Cello Concerto "Nomade" & Water Atlas (Live)
Zealow - Vernissage
Boxhead Ensemble - Ancient Music
Julie Byrne - The Greater Wings
Iona Marshall - Higher Than the Leaves
Beethoven - Beethoven Septet & Eroica
The National Laugh Track

Up just after 6, with yesterday's work on the cans...


...and in...


It's only tomorrow and today is a bit of a mystery...

Hmmm...

Updated some of this...

Compiled the ones I have re the 5th Semi Final (xymoron-tastic) of the 5 albums polls...

My stats

Semi Final 1 - I had 51/100
Semi Final 2 - 59/100
Semi Final 3 - 56/100
Semi Final 4 - 59/100
Semi Final 5 - 58/100

In total, 283/500 - 57%

But only 42 of those 283 are ones that made my Top 5s over the years 1963-2022...

So far, I have 52/80 in the final..

But, only 11 of those are of the 20 LPs I've voted for so far in the semi finals...

Anyway, I did that...

With Anne off out with her mum shopping, I organised my song sheets to the 38 (in alpha order) proposed for the, also proposed, Balerno gig...

And I sang through 31 of them on acoustic before Anne's return...

Lunch, the remains of yesterday's tasty carrot and coriander soup and a salad...

In the afternoon, most of it spent explaining to the guys what I was proposing and uploading and getting links for the MP3s re our version of the "Bowie Velvets Roxy Eno" set and the originals versions, and redoing many of the song sheets re my scribbled notes being added in text to the docs and sending those to the guys tooo...

Anne was off to Pilates tonight so I sang through the final 87 songs and tested out some of the changes I'd made...

Also readied the room for tomorrow's visit from Impossible John for our first run through the Capital Models canon re his joining the band...


A superb tea of salmon and prawn tagliatelle with creme fraiche dill and lemon from Anne...


...with va wee cat looking on...


...soundtracked, inspired by my day of covers, by this David Bowie LP, which will be 50 years old on 19 October...


This evening, while writing up 2 September at Malcolm's, I recalled having been partially soundtracked by The Three Johns' "Atom Drum Bop", an LP I'd forgotten I owned, despite my many records of what I've owned...

It was from 1984 - my least documented year, as it lies between the end of the diaries and the start of the red books of CDs I own (which, of course, don't document LPs and cassettes I bought between 1984 and around 1987 when I moved fully to CD)...

Anyway, this sent me off looking at 1984 and 1985 releases and a few things, including the three Johns, were downloaded and added to the collection...

Other late night listening comprised LPs of the Day of 2023, thus far, now up to 260...

On telly, we started "The Following Events Are Based on a Pack of Lies"...

Which was very good and looking forward to continuing it...

To bed at midnight...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's pasta...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: