Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Ten to four...

Playlist
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2009
The Ventures - Walk Don't Run
David Bowie - Station To Station (2016 Remastered Version)
The Glitter Band - Hey!
Various - 70's LPs Bought in the 70's (Playlist)
Various - LPs By Artists By Whom I Bought the Most LPs in the 70's (Playlist)

Working today on a new playlist, inspired by people on the Twitter discussing Pitchfork's "Top 100 LPs of the 70's" and my advising that Pitchfork's subjective list is merely opinion is no more valid than anyone else's, including mine...

And so, my playlist comprised LPs released in the 70's and bought by me in the 70's...



I then made a further list, compromising those LPs from the mother-list, by those artists with the most LPs on said list...


And here they are...

10
Alice Cooper
David Bowie

9
Uriah Heep

8
Sparks

7
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Yes

6
Hawkwind

5
Brian Eno
Gentle Giant
Lou Reed
Wings
Roxy Music

4
Deep Purple
Eagles
Golden Earring
John Lennon
Led Zeppelin
Santana
The Tubes

No King Crimson - I only bought one studio LP in the 70's (Lizard) and mainly made do with their debut (1969) and "The Young Person's Guide" a 2LP compilation released in 1975 and bought in 1978...

Also no ELP - they did have 4 LPs at first but then I remembered that "Picture at an Exhibition", while new material at the time, was recorded live...

But the rules were : no comps and no live, studio only...

This is how I waste my time...

And so, today's artwork is "The Nineteen Seventies"...



Highlight of the Day : Compiling...

No comments: