Saturday, February 03, 2018

It may have been something I can't remember...

Playlist
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2018 Vols 1-52
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2016 Vols 1-52
Bang on a Can - Music For Airports
Bryars - Jesus' Blood has Never Failed Me Yet
Till Broenner & Dieter Ilg - Nightfall
Joachim Kühn, Eric Schaefer, Chris Jennings - Love & Peace
Knekklectric - Ingenting å melde
Various - Heat OST
Jon Balke & Magnetic North Orchestra - Diverted Travels
Arriaga - Sinfonía En Re Mayor; Obertura Los Esclavos Felices; Cuarteto De Cuerda #2 En La Mayor
Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft - Der Daf/Dos Staat
Händel -  Alessandro
Tom Paxton - Ramblin' Boy
Margo Rey - The Roots of Rey | Despacito Margo
Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See
Robert Calvert - Captain Lockheed And The Starfighters
Yello - Pocket Universe
Isaac Hayes - The Man! The Ultimate Isaac Hayes 1969-1977
Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Strange Place For Snow
Max Nagl Ensemble - Quartier Du Faisan
Cakewalk - Transfixed
Bushman´s Revenge - Jazz, Fritt Etter Hukommelsen
Sanguine Hum - What We Ask Is Where We Begin
Mark Templeton - Gentle Heart
Yo La Tengo - Prisoners of Love: A Smattering of Scintillating Senescent Songs 1985-2003
Gluck - Lumieres : La Musique du XVIIIieme Siecle
Marilyn Manson - Born Villain
The Supremes - Baby Love - The Essential Diana Ross & The Supremes
Public Image Limited - Metal Box
Huegas Ensemble - Italia Mia - Musical Imagination of the Renaissance
VArious Composers - Music From The Novels Of Louis De Bernieres
Microtrauma - Soñar
Above & Beyond - Common Ground
Orang - Fields And Waves

It's now over a week since this day took place - I really need to keep up to date...

My pictures don't give me much of a clue as to what happened...

I recall it felt very much like a Sunday...

I uploaded this week's podcast, recorded before we went to Malaga...

And I ripped the two CDs bought there - this by Spanish composer Arriaga and part of a 50 CD set issued via newspaper El Pais...


...and this, Gavin Bryars' re-recording of what is now considered a masterwork, "Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet", this time with guest Tom Waits coming in towards the end of the much elongated piece (from 25 or so minutes to beyond 70)...


I recall seeing it played live a few years ago and having found the tramp's singing annoying...

Now though, I seem to appreciate said (repeated, on this version, over 200 times) singing's full pathos  basking and very much enjoyed my listen through...

And I watched this DVD of Eno's "Music For Airports", with its out of focus footage of Schipol Airport...


Nice...

I also leafed through my guide to the Museo Carmen Thyssen Malaga...


...and was disappointed to find my fave pic of the current items on show not to be included...

In the afternoon, took Anne to the football (Hearts scraped a 1-0 against St Johnstone, Queens thrashed 3-0 by league leaders St Mirren - maybe I should support my "home town team"?) and then headed over to my mum's for a catch up...

She is to have a toe (or two - she's angling for two!) amputated...

The doctors advise that'll be the best way to avoid future infections...

Back home, I recorded the links for next week's podcast - going back to two hours because I just have so much music I want to fit in...

But, you know, people aren't forced to listen for 2 hours (or at all)...

So it's a one hour show now with a bonus hour for the more hardy lovers of eclecticicsm...



At 9, the final two episodes of "Spiral" did not disappoint and tee'd things up for a further series...

Top notch...

Finally, today's artwork, "Art Book"...


Hihglight of the Day : "Spiral", probably - or something I can't remember...

No comments: