Monday, December 13, 2010

If you remove the lid, please replace it...

Playlist
Rheostatics - 2067
Rheostatics - Whale Music
Monteverdi - Scherzi Musicali
Fretwork - Portraits
Brunetti - 3 Sinfonien
Klaus Schulze - Mirage
Tangerine Dream - Discography on Shuffleplay

Up at 7:30 and busying myself with doing dishes and tidying up the mess I've made over the last couple of days...

All to take my mind off of what was happening...

A call from Pam from her bed around 9 brought reality back with a bang...

Despite having just been told she was to have the top of her head removed during the op today, she remained in good spirits and wanted to get things moving...

She was to be operated on this afternoon...

A visit form Pam's friend Julie lifted me somewhat...

I spent the rest of the morning keeping people informed via e-mail and text of what was happening, not quite going into as much detail as Pam just had with me...

Another chat with Pam around mid-day - and then a final call at 1:35 to say this was it she was going to theatre...

A worrying afternoon was lifted by visits from chums Debbie and Suzanne...

Decided I would call the hospital at six - before that, made dinner for one...


Leek, mushroom, pancetta and creme fraiche - not bad...

Then the call...

I was told Pam was in recovery but surprised when they added that they'd just had the call to bring her back to the ward...

Imagining that when I got there she'd be in a bad way, I jumped in the car and drove to the hospital... 

I was amazed to find she had already had a three course dinner and was walking around under her own steam - albeit with a huge bandage around her head and a mobile drip - like the one being used by the smoking girl last night outside the hospital... 

She was able to chat with me for ten minutes then I decided to leave her to rest - she was still slightly groggy and, rather understandably, was suffering from a bit of a headache...

I didn't take a pic, but here's one of a nearby Christmassy house instead... 


So, the first hurdle has been whatever it is you do to hurdles to get over them successfully, leapt perhaps?

Once back home, the rest of the night was spent spreading the word and making arrangements for visits tomorrow...

The best day by far of the last fifteen...

Highlight of the Day : Pam out of surgery...

PS I've always liked Klaus Schulze's album "Mirage" since first buying it on vinyl in the mid 70s but, recently, it's taken on a whole new lease of life - recommended...

Trying to get to bed before 1:30am tonight - off with the Tangs in the cans...

No comments: