Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Down to earth...

Playlist
Tangerine Dream – Cyclone
Tangerine Dream – Force Majeure
Tangerine Dream – Tangram
Brunetti – 3 Symfonien
Tangerine Dream – Exit

Initially woke around 7am but managed to sleep again till 10…

Up and answering mails and updating interested parties re Pam…

Also watched a couple of programmes on the I-Player re Germany…

Left for London around 1:30 with the intention of giving myself plenty time to test the weekday route to the hospital…

Having seen the signs at Brent Cross advising non-customer parked cars could be clamped and fined £100, I drove on to Golders Green to try and find a suitable side street – but soon realised this was a no go and so returned to Brent Cross to take my chances…

The bus from there to the hospital…













 





….took 40 rather than the advertised 27 minutes but this still left me with time to kill at Starbucks…




In to the hospital and arrived at Pam’s ward at 4 to find her dressed and strolling around the corridor…

Back to bed Pam…



She seemed fine again today although apparently had a wee "turn" this morning post the docs' rounds - but there are plenty of nurses there to take care of her and nothing untoward really…

She's perhaps trying to do too much too soon...

Still no update as to when she might be released and it may be she will be kept in till the results are ready re the tests being carried out on what was removed during yesterday’s op...

Until the results are known, I cannot be certain what will happen next and cannot really plan for the immediate future…

I’d like to be there when the results are revealed as I don't think Pam’s taking in everything which is being said to her right now…

She is doing really well - amazingly well considering – but I just feel she might be getting a wee bit ahead of herself on things and perhaps needs to take things a little bit easier…

So, obviously there was a certain amount of euphoria in yesterday's report because (a) the op was successful and (b) Pam's recovery from it was very swift - while today I’m perhaps having a little bit of a reality check…

Chums (and sisters) Suzanne and Michelle visited today too…



…and I must thank them for taking me a wee bit out of myself this evening with a bite (ok a wee bit more than a bite) to eat at Brent Cross on the way home….




















Buoyed too by the fact that my mum and sister Sheila may be coming down on Thursday evening for a few days’ visit…

Home tonight just after ten and thought for a dreadful moment I’d locked myself out of Pam’s house…

The day ended with the usual round of phone, text and e-mail updates to Annie and Meg, the rest of the family and to Pam’s chums and workmates…

Pam sends her love to all her well-wishers…

Highlight of the Day : Pam still doing ok…

1 comment:

Disco Stu said...

Good to see your sis doin well. Nice photos.