Saturday, March 05, 2005

So, what am I up to....

Well, I've been planning my new song-based album, "Deeperdown" for quite some time now but I've been spending too much time doing other things. So now I've decided to put out the songs first as a series of CD singles as I did with my previous album "Anotherhappyday". That way I give myself a series of smaller short term targets rather than one big long term one and, once all the songs are out on singles, I'll collate the finalised versions (which will be slightly different from the singles) into the album.

So, tonight I'm working on a mock-up of the first single. My plan is that each one will feature a lead track from the "Deeperdown" project, followed by a live recording form the "Fifty Five Songs" series I did during last year's Edinburgh Festival. Then there'll be a re-recording of an older song from my back catalogue and the disc will be rounded off by a soundscape.

I suppose I should explain that you can find out all about my recordings so far at my regular website www.crispycat.co.uk.

Not only was this blog born today, but today's the day Mr Martin Hay, IT guru extraordinaire, delivered our new computer fully programmed and ready to go. So here I am - old computer dumped into the back room - just one crash too many on that one....

No comments: